Teacher Mentorship Program
Now Accepting Students for Fall 2021
One Down Dog presents an 8 week long mentorship program offered for those who seek to deepen their teaching skills and/or for those interested in exploring teaching opportunities at One Down Dog.
Interested teaching at ODD? This is a great way! Not interested in teaching at ODD, but want to hone in on your teaching skills? We encourage you to apply!
- Participants must have completed a yoga teacher training at least 2 months prior to sign up
- A desire and willingness to receive and integrate feedback
What To Expect
- Uniquely crafted lesson plans tailored to each individual and their small group of 3
- Tons of deep, personal, individual attention
- Confidence in your teaching ability and voice – connect with who you are as a teacher
- The ability to teach and inspire individuals with fun, safe, engaging and empowering yoga classes that keep students coming back!
8 meetings with your mentor and group which will cover:
Week 1: Outline goals, objectives, class styles interested in teaching
Week 2: One-on-One session with mentor
Week 3: Sequencing session
Week 4: Pacing, voice, and theming session
Week 5: Modifications, props session, accessibility
Week 6: Practice classes with feedback
Week 7: Feedback and edits
Week 8: Teach 15 min incorporating feedback, final thoughts, commencement
Homework will be assigned after each session to aid in your growth as a teacher.
The program also includes:
Four feedback observations with your mentor, class observations, and unlimited yoga for the duration of the 8 weeks!
The program will kick off the first week of May, day and time of weekly meet up will be determined by mentor and participants.
Meet your teachers
Have a question?
Contact us with the form below and we’ll get back to you asap.