18 HR MINDFULNESS TRAINING
Join Sam Akers, (C-IATY, E-RYT500, MFRT, Certified Mindfulness Teacher/Trainer) for another signature training that combines the foundations of mindfulness with a look into what compassion is and what it is not.
We have been hearing all about “compassion burnout” over the last 2 years but compassion, true compassion, has no burnout. You will learn about the features of compassion in this training and the difference between compassion, empathy, and empathetic distress (commonly misunderstood as compassion burnout).
Once we have a more clear understanding of compassion and its edge states, we then learn how to presence our own suffering and that of others, with wisdom, boundaries, and a capacity for loving-kindness we may not have thought possible.
The heart of the training is learning to practice and teach an Introduction to Mindfulness class as well as weave mindfulness into different professional settings.
Trainees will learn
- The Four Foundations of Mindfulness
- History of early Buddhist Practices
- Secular Mindfulness
- Mindfulness & Trauma
- How to offer Mindfulness in various settings
- G.R.A.C.E training on presencing suffering by first regulating ourselves and then moving from a space of what truly serves
- Exploring Inclusivity, Diversity and Constructs
- Mindfulness invites us to be open, spacious and to remember to be in this present moments' experience, which is the only moment in which we can truly live.
- Training includes practice, lecture, partner teaching and small group teaching.
November 4 from 6 to 8pm
November 5 from 9am to 6pm
November 6 from 9am to 6pm
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Los Angeles, CA 90026