Yoga Teacher Training
Love yoga? Want to learn more? Ready to take your practice to a new level of depth?
Gain a deeper understanding of yoga philosophy, develop confidence and find your voice. Together we will learn how to take our yoga practice off the mat so that we can make awesome happen… One Down Dog at a time!
Graduates are able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 Level upon completion.
What You Get:
- The chance of a lifetime to connect and bond with rad individuals on a journey of self-discovery and growth
- The ability to teach, lead and inspire individuals with fun, safe, engaging and empowering yoga classes
- A deeper understanding of yoga history and philosophy – take the yoga off the mat
- Confidence! Through the process of facing and overcoming fears, we will learn to trust ourselves and quiet our inner critic.
What we’ll learn:
- Yoga history and philosophy as applicable to our 21st century western lives
- How to sequence a safe and kick ass class
- How to create the greatest yoga playlists around
- How to inspire others through your practice and teaching
- Principles of anatomy/physiology and how to apply them in a yoga class
- Alignment, benefits & potential risks of asana
- The ability to observe and see bodies in order to offer modifications and adjustments
- To give safe and effective hands-on adjustments
- How to use props to improve safety as well as increase strength and flexibility
- Intro to Ayurveda, meditation, pranayama, prenatal yoga and chakras
- The business of yoga: how to market yourself and build a following
Our 200 hour yoga teacher training is a transformational experience in which you will gain a deeper understanding of all things yoga while becoming a part of a likeminded community (read: ODD FAMILY). For those who want to teach, this is the beginning of a successful career as a yoga teacher! Learn to teach. Teach to learn.
It never crossed my mind that I would want to be a yoga teacher until I went to One Down Dog. I was working 10+ hour days, miserable in my job when I first heard about teacher training. I realized I needed a change and it was never going to be the “right” time. Before I started teacher training, I felt stuck in my job. In teacher training, we learned about goal setting. Early on in our training, we set lofty goals for ourselves. I wrote down what I wanted to be doing for a living and what I dreamed of. A week before training ended, I landed the job I envisioned. You could say it was a coincidence, but I don’t think so. If it wasn’t for training and my new way of thinking, I never would have scored the interview. Training helped me further my practice, I am stronger than I ever, inside and out. I would recommend teacher training to anyone who is curious, wants a change or wants a challenge. The experience is different for everyone. What will yours be?Hallie A.
I highly recommend the One Down Dog Teacher Training. I have been practicing yoga for years and teacher took my practice and understanding of yoga to the next level. It is an extremely welcoming and supportive community and provides the perfect environment for personal growth. It’s not just about yoga, it’s about life!Maureen C.
When Jessica, the owner of the studio, announced they were doing a teacher training, I jumped at the chance to immerse myself in all things yoga. Over 6 months, I met with the group and learned so much about everything from philosophy to pranayama to ayurveda. I have learned so much and have an even deeper appreciation for both the practice and the teachers at this studio! Anyone who is interested in learning more about yoga and possibly teaching yoga should sign up for their next training!Taylor B.
$2500 early bird rate available through November 15th!
Payment plans available – email: ODDYTT@onedowndog.com
NOTE: all tuition deposits and payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Thursday 31 7:30-10pm
Saturday 2/1 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 2/2 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 2/7 7:30-10pm
Saturday 2/9 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 2/10 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 2/21 7:20-10pm
Saturday 2/23 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 2/24 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 3/7 7:30-10pm
Saturday 3/9 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 3/10 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 3/21 7:30-10pm
Saturday 3/23 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 3/24 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 4/4 7:30-10pm
Saturday 4/6 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 4/7 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 4/18 7:30-10pm
Saturday 4/20 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 4/21 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 5/2 7:30-10pm
Saturday 5/4 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 5/5 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 5/16 7:30-10pm
Saturday 5/18 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 5/19 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 5/30 7:30-10pm
Saturday 6/1 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 6/2 9:30-6:30pm
Thursday 6/6 7:30-10pm
Saturday 6/8 9:30-6:30pm
Sunday 6/9 9:30-6:30pm