This #ODDlight feature is a unique one as we will be featuring YOU for the rest of the holiday season! Several blogs to feature small slices of this big #ODDfam and featuring students on our Facebook and Instagram for the rest of the year! See our PART I of the blog HERE. We also asked ALL OF YOU some questions in the lobbies. Same questions we often ask our #ODDLIGHT features, some just for you – to learn a little more about each other and this big, diverse, and often silly community.
She’s #ODDdogging, naturally. Because she’s #OGODD. We’ve probably already featured Lisa since she’s been around FOREVER! She was in the second #OneDownDog teacher training, not because she wanted to teach yoga (She’s got her hands full teaching kids with special needs) but because she was ready to dive more into her personal practice. BUT here’s the biggest reason we’re featuring Lisa today. Go back to last ODDlight blog HERE and meet Claudia – because LAST YEAR during our January Bingo Lisa brought Claudia in from work to try to the New Student Special (so Lisa could check off a square in bingo.) She didn’t even know Claudia had stuck with us at One Down Dog for a whole year past her very first class. This really is family around here.
Memorable Yoga Moment?
- “The moment I realized I couldn’t stand not doing yoga everyday. My sunrise flows in Hawaii were pretty memorable too.” @SergioOfarrill
- “During BUTI when Karen had us massage our neighbor.” @lo0vedesiree
- “First yoga class 2 years ago. When I first fell n love with the practice. And the class ended with the light within me honors the light within you.”- @Bella_stardust
Fun fact most wouldnt know about you?
- “I had open heart <3 surgery at 6 years old 7 wasn’t scared” – @jennifer_mae_r
- “I used to be an undercover investigator – @Malliha
Meet Angela and Victor!
THESE TWO ARE TOO MUCH. In the best way. They came in together for their VERY FIRST YOGA CLASS EVER a few months ago and literally came every.single.day since October. These yogi’s are getting so much from showing up every day and we are getting even more from having them join this yoga fam. Angela even won our Halloween costume in class contest! It’s been great to hear them report on changes they’ve seen and felt and we see it too. Maybe it’s just because we’re all best friends now but these two shine when they are here. There’s a confidence. They are chatty, big smiles, and so down with just about anything. LOVE YOU TWO! You’re an inspiration on dedication and transformation.
What brought you to One Down Dog (and yoga)? What makes you continue to come back?
- “My Best friend brought me to Cindy’s CHILL class on Friday nights. I feel loved here and always challenged. LOVE YOU BABES…even when I’m late”
- “My parents got me to One Down Dog/Yoga. I continue to come back because I feel happier throughout my days. When I miss too many classes I notice I do not feel as relaxed & feel kind of down. Love how I feel with yoga!”
- “Class Pass. Yoni’s first class was amazeballs. I come back because of the positive vibes, people, and welcoming environment.”
How do you spend your free time?
- “Watching TV” (We appreciate the truth here too. Don’t we all TV!?)
- “With my dog Serbi. Writing, practicing yoga, eating, spending time with family and friends” – SAM from the ODDfam
He’s so chill. And loves CHILL. He comes to CHILL with us every morning and if you see him in the evening it’s his second class of the day. He lifts too and this yoga is the balance to that. He’s got a calm cool collectedness we wish we could take credit for but mostly are glad he’s bringing that energy to One Down Dog. He comes every damn day, he even came on Christmas morning! You’ll spot him next time you chill together – he’s the one early to class laying in a heart opener with a great head of hair.
How do you define yoga?
- “Doing my best with what I have, right now.”
- “Fun. Grounding. Life Changing.” – @Aguercia (featured below)
- “Doing what you can, the best you can with what you have. For yourself. For others.” – @Jwardramirez
If you could have any super power what would it be?
- “An open heart ALL the time!” – Dianna
- “To tele-transport anywhere in the world by blinking my eyes. – Meghan
We’ve probably already featured that mug drinker in the back, Sergio. But you know the saying – behind every good man is a better woman right in front of the photo, and a dog in the background. That’s the saying, right? Well, it is at One Down Dog. Alyse is dedicated and moves at her own pace. She’s been a regular here since January of 2015 and comes to a huge range of classes. She’s usually smiling unless it’s 6:30am and then usually its a sleepy smile even still. Alyse seems to bring that sweet, steady, simple, silly support to her people in a way thats admirable – very little show or ego about just how awesome we all know she is.
What is your favorite pose or yoga prop?
- “My mat.”
- “Childs Pose because even if it seems like the easiest pose, it really isn’t. It’s so difficult to stay still and just breathe sometimes that this seemingly “easy” pose is actually a challenging one for me.” – Mar Danielyan
What is your job?
- “Researcher for TV game show” – @lovelyangela79 (featured above)
- “Digital Marketing Creative Supervisor” – @McManimal
- “Script Supervisor”
- “Full Time Mom. No vacations.”
THE ODDLIGHT WITHIN ME HONORS THE ODDLIGHT WITHIN YOU!
We love ALL of you so much and cant wait for this next year of yoga and community. Make sure to follow our events on Facebook for free community events all year long. Join us at workshops for even better way’s to get to know each other. We can do yoga anywhere – it’s all of you that makes it a community that we all come back to.