One Down Dog’s 2015 Lowdown on All Time Highs
HOW is it already 2016? WHAT HAPPENED TO 2015!?
Well – here’s the lowdown.
One Down Dog opened the Eagle Rock location!
New classes and types were added, our first Sculpt/Sweat training, a new Massage Therapist, MIND our donation meditation class, our growing 200hr Teacher Training, regular SoundBaths, with Jamie Ford and a range of workshops and community events. This year was huge!
Personally – Jessica bought a house and had baby boy Max!
2 months old. Max is a big boy. 75th percentile for weight and height. He’s smiling and cooing. He likes music and loves it when I dance. His favorite spot is on the changing table where he enjoys being naked and kicking his feet. He comes with me to work now and loves going on long walks. Nicknames: maxi-moose, masher, moosh ❤️ #ODDbaby
We got to know some of our #ODDfamily a little better each month by tossing them into the #ODDlight. We will continue featuring the yoga family each month but many of those #OGODD family members have been featured so take a look!
ODD Teacher Training
Many of teachers provided insight into their hearts and minds with the #ODDlight interviews, but several teachers also contributed writing on what it is like to get your Teacher Training at One Down Dog as well as what it is like to be a new yoga teacher.
- Clara Roberts-Oss was a phenomenal guest teacher who came to share a whole weekend of workshops and trainings. Check out her guest post: 12 Tips For New Yoga Teachers
- Taylor, our web & graphic/designer, shares some insight into her experience in our first teacher training program.
- Alexis, our SCULPT master and serious badass, tells us how her perspective on how your favorite yoga teachers blossomed into the zenyonces you love and adore!
- Hallie, kickass teacher and another OG student of our first training, explains how teacher training changed her life. Be sure to catch her classes on Saturday! And check out her super helpful series, Yoga for Office Bound Yogis.
To get some insight into the hearts and minds of our students we spent the #ODDlight shining on all of YOU in November. We featured our students online and asked some questions in studio that people answered anonymously:
“My first headstand!”
“The first time Patrick, the mascot, sat on my lap.”
Who or what has made a mark here for you?
“The positive energy from all of the students & teachers.”
“Great Classes! <3 Ducky ~ Ducky is awesome & she makes you work for it. Thanks!”
Most important or most favorite thing you’ve learned at ODD?
“I have learned that perseverance pays off. Ive also found joy in the struggle.”
“I <3 this ODDcommunity – I’ve learned to Let That Shit GO! :)”
Why do you stay and practice here?
“Yoga helps me align myself physically and emotionally.”
“You’re amazing, loving, kind, and like family!”
“Loved the fun vibe of the website and that there were dogs. Stayed because it’s the best place in LA & my ODDfamily!”
This commUNITY really is the thing that separates One Down Dog from other yoga studios. It’s a home, it’s a family, it’s a lot more than asana classes. We try to bring awesome workshops to diversify and deepen your practice in ways that interest you and community events so we can connect off the mat. From Clothing Swaps to our 2nd Community Shop Day over to BodyBurst weekends and ButiGlo parties we had a range of ways for you to get involved. Check out just a few more of the amazing workshops we had this year:
- How To Get Your Boyfriend To Do Yoga: My Experience at Kristina and Joerael’s Soul Fusion Workshop by Brittany Kovler
- Herbal Apothecary Workshops
- FREE yoga dance parties! Eagle Rock opening on Feb 28th, 2015
- Inversion workshops – Patty Novak (Alexis’ badass aunt) and Molly O’Neill (more of these coming soon!)
- Salute and Surrender with Bobbi Erwin and Courtney Sauls 108 Sun Salutations followed by Yin Yoga (SEE THIS COOL VIDEO BELOW!)
CONNECT WITH US
We’ll continue to create content for you to take off the mat and into your world. Let us know if you ever want to contribute!
Also check out:
Yoga Gift Giving Guide – (Because our retail is dope.)
Prenatal Yoga 101: Frequently Asked Questions – by our PRENATAL teacher, Kim Neer
The Patience of Savasana: What I learned in my first month of #freeyearofyoga – from raffle winner, Leila Margolis
2015 has been a year of living #MakeAwesomeHappen and we are already on fire for more in 2016. Join us to create the vision of what this year will be and work with us on how to create more awesome in your life with MAKE AWESOME HAPPEN workshop series with Jessica.
Keep an eye on our schedule, events, and blog as you can expect in 2016 – our new BABY ME, Kids Yoga, Yoga Unplugged with breath work, chanting, and meditation, Yoga Dance Parties, Asana workshops and special philosophy study classes.
If you ever want to contribute or get involved by writing a blog, hosting a workshop, or being in our all LA based retail store just get in touch! We are always down.